ConfigServer Explorer (cse)
(fomerly know as WHM File Manager/Console)
This is an exclusive! and free! add-on product for cPanel/WHM. The product provides you with a full featured Filesystem explorer and a Virtual Console to use within your web browser in WHM. It gives you root access from the top level of your disks and allows you to enter non-interactive commands and see the output.
The File Manager/Console can be an essential tool for:
- Server Administrators unfamiliar with server shell commands
- Repairing a server where access via SSH is not available*
- Repair access to a server due to an incorrectly configured firewall or SSH
- Edit files directly on the server
- Functions for files and directories:
- CHMOD (change permissions)
- CHOWN (change ownership)
- Uploading files to the server in BINARY or ASCII mode
- Downloading files from the server
- Easy access to your server configuration from within your browser
- Access restricted to the root user through WHM only (no access for resellers)
The latest version of cse can be downloaded here: cse.tgz
Please visit our ConfigServer Scripts Forum
This application is released under our script license. It is released free of charge, with no warranty to its suitability. There is no support provided with this application except through our online help forums.
While we are happy to provide these scripts for free, we are a small outfit that runs on a slim margin. If you do decide to use them, we'd be eternally grateful for any donation you think might express your gratitude so that we can continue to develop and provide them:
That's it. If you don't feel confident doing any of this yourself, or if you get into a horrible mess, we do have cPanel Server Services that include the installation and configuration of this application.
* If you are interested in this application because you cannot access your server via SSH because of configuration problems, then we can install it for you without the need for SSH to be running. Please contact us for more detals of this services.