cPanel MailScanner Service - $45 (one-time fee)
With our extensive knowledge of MailScanner and Exim, we can offer an excellent anti-spam and anti-virus configuration for your cPanel server. Features included with cPanel are not very effective in identifying and blocking spam and are certainly not very configurable.
- Achieve much higher incoming spam and virus detection rates
- Tag, delete or forward email identified as spam
- Differentiate between possible and likely spam
- Use any number of Realtime Blackhole Lists (RBL's)
- Keep server resource usage to a minimum*
This service can be provided for any Redhat or derivative Linux platform (including RedHat, RedHat Enterprise, CentOS, and Fedora - see note) running cPanel. You can choose from any or all of the following and we will perform the installation, configuration and testing of each component of the service:
- MailScanner / SpamAssassin / ClamAV / DCC / Vipuls Razor - mail scanning tools for anti-spam and anti-virus service installed and / or upgraded
- Exclusive! MailScanner front-end for your cPanel Users. Note that this replaces the SpamAssassin front-end in cPanel which has to be disabled. More information
- Exclusive! ConfigServer Mail Queues - included, see here
- Access to MailWatch from within WHM. More information
- Modify ClamAV and MailScanner to use the clamd process, which reduces server load and speeds up mail scanning dramatically
- Configure SpamAssassin to use server-wide bayesian filter database to increase identification of spam. Disable cPanel SpamAssassin to provide central control of mail scanning services
- Modification to MailScanner configuration to allow you to offer a per domain email scanning service for spam and/or viruses, together with per domain actions for dealing with detected spam
- Exim Tweaks - better tweaking of Exim for
use with MailScanner
- Prevent unnecessary queuing
- Correct handling of :fail: message on RCPT failure
- cPanel -> MailScanner sync script - keeps your configured domains in sync with the MailScanner rulesets, so that new domains are always included and domains no longer hosted are removed
- One week of informational support requests regarding any item in this package (any work that requires login attracts the hourly Server Administration rate)
Important: This service is designed to help protect your users' mailboxes from incoming spam and viruses. If your problem is with outgoing spam being sent from your server, please look at one of our other services, such as the Exploit Scan Service or the cPanel Server Service Package.
Please read the Server Services Terms and Conditions for this service as placing an order indicates your acceptance.
* While we endeavour to configure MailScanner to be as efficient as possible, the application inevitably uses server resources. Due to this additional load, we recommend caution when installing MailScanner on a server with very high email throughput which has less than 1GB of memory.
Note: cPanel will not provide support for email issues while MailScanner is part of the mail delivery system on a server.
Note: The MailScanner Service can be performed on dedicated servers and VPS's running supported releases of Redhat or CentOS Linux. We do not perform this service package on servers running Trustix, FreeBSD, SUSE or any OS that is EOL/obsolete or unsupported by cPanel (e.g. RedHat 9, Fedora,etc). We also cannot perform this work on servers running the applications from 1h.com. You also need to be running at least cPanel v11 before this Service can be performed.