MailScanner Front-End for cPanel Users
This is an exclusive! add-on product for cPanel, so that you can allow your users to control how they want their email scanned for spam and viruses. This application is available through our MailScanner Installation Package or cPanel Service Package + MailScanner and is provided on a per installation basis for a specified server only. There are no recurring license renewal fees. It can also now be purchased by itself if you would prefer to install MailScanner and the MailScanner Front-End yourself.
This application provides a user front-end to a MailScanner installation on cPanel. It consists of three parts:
- A front-end that becomes part of the cPanel theme (see notes). This
allows users to maintain their
own settings, via a script, that modifies a text file stored
in their cPanel account. This allows users to configure:
- Per domain actions for two score levels for spam scanning
- Per domain actions for virus scanning
- Per cPanel account whitelists and blacklists
- Per cPanel account low and high score settings
- Per cPanel account configurable forwarding email address for spam
- Now integrated in to the rvskin cPanel theme product
- Enable/Disable per cPanel account access from within WHM
- Enable all cPanel accounts access from within WHM
- Configure MailScanner from within WHM
- Configure front-end settings from within WHM
- Server-wide Black and White spam lists from within WHM
- MailWatch access in WHM for statistical information, SpamAssassin learning and releasing of attachments from quarantine (Available with root WHM login only. Not all MailWatch functions are enabled - e.g. end-user access. )
- Accessible only through root access (i.e. no reseller access)
- For license details: LICENSE.txt
- MailScanner Front-End License only (no installation) now available.
- The cPanel front-end only works properly with skins that correctly implement the cPanel theme API.
- The MailScanner Front-End for WHM is only available with root WHM login.
- We do not support use of a remote MySQL server for MailWatch, or setting up multiple MailScanner servers using a single MailWatch database.
- End-user access to MailWatch is not supported.
- cPanel 10 is no longer supported in the MailScanner Front-End.
- Trustix and Redhat 9 or earlier are not supported. ClamAV upgrades via the WHM front-end are not supported in Fedora Core 4 or earlier.
Note: The MailScanner Front End is only support on dedicated servers and VPS's running supported releases of Redhat or CentOS Linux. The product is not supported on servers running Trustix, FreeBSD, SUSE or any OS that is EOL/obsolete or unsupported by cPanel (e.g. RedHat 9, Fedora,etc). You also need to be running at least cPanel v11.